Top Three Gift Ideas For New Mums
And so, the adventure begins! Motherhood is an amazing journey, beginning right from the moment those two lines appear on the stick- and despite the sleepless nights, dirty nappies and constant rounds of feeding, burping, wiping... let's face it, we wouldn't have it any other way!
Becoming a mum is an amazing privilege and one that deserves to be celebrated. Here at Cuddledry HQ we're passionate about babies, and making life easier for parents- but we also feel strongly that we mums should be pampered a little too. For all its amazing glory, motherhood is also hard work! it can be daunting, overwhelming and- at times- frustrating too. So let's show that new mum in your life that you care, with a thoughtful gift that she'll really love. Here are our top three ideas for a new mum- do let us know in the comments if there's anything we've missed.
If there's one thing we know, its that those first few weeks of motherhood are intense. Days drift into each other, and your only priority is getting to know your new baby, figuring out feeding, nappy changes and sleep. Everything else is secondary, so practical gifts are truly worth their weight in gold! Practical gifts to consider include:
- A meal delivery gift voucher
- A Cuddledry gift voucher!
- A hamper of staples such as tea bags, biscuits, nappies, burping cloths
- The Cuddledry handsfree towel (of course!) for easier baby bathtime
- Insulated coffee mug- because you just know that hot cup of coffee is going to go cold!
- Bumper packs of nappies and biodegradable wipes/ bamboo washcloths
- Everyday pampers: sometimes its the small things that help us to feel a little pampered- and when you have a new baby, time savers are always appreciated. Top of this list: dry shampoo, lip balm, cooling face mist, calming body mist.
There's a whole rollercoaster of emotions swirling during the first few weeks of a new baby's life, and never more so than when a lot of thought is put into a gift that you just know will be treasured for life. The key here is to consider what your recipient will really appreciate, and how that gift will help them find their feet on this new path. Some lovely thoughtful gifts to consider:
- Sleep: most new mums will be in dire need of more! Consider offering your services for an hour or two while she naps- believe us, this will always be appreciated!
- Food: a gorgeous hamper filled with her favourite treats- including those that perhaps she wasn't able to enjoy during pregnancy- always goes down well. The same goes for a home made bake or a subscription to a cake delivery service.
- Gifts for older kids: sometimes the transition from one to two children can be harder than you anticipated- and some children might feel a little left out if all the attention is being directed towards the baby. A small gift for older siblings is a thoughtful way to let the whole family know you care.
- You could go for an eco theme- fill a (recyclable) box with green products to make life easier: pop in a pack of our washcloths to double up as baby wipes and cleansing cloths, along with a handsfree towel for easier bathtimes and you're good to go!
- Art prints for the nursery are great too, and we're huge fans of specially bound books that will be treasured for years too.
- grab a copy of the newspaper on the day baby was born- a lovely gesture guaranteed to be appreciated.
Pregnancy can take a toll on the body (and mind) so pampering gifts are always highly appreciated. Its hard for new mums to find the time to spend more than five minutes on themselves in the early days, so gifts like this can serve as a gentle reminder to practise a little self care too. Pampering gifts we love:
- Our gorgeous New Mum and Mum-to-Be luxury aromatherapy candles. Made using pure essential oils, made in collaboaration with Take Five Aromatherapy, each candle is presented in a cute little tin with positive affirmations to inspire and relax. We only use 100% natural soy wax with no dyes, additives or synthetic fragrances so that new mums can really reap the therapeutic benefits they need. This is such a lovely way to take five minutes to relax!
- Bathtime hampers: yes, we specialise in baby bathtimes, but that doesn't mean we don't advocate for the benefits to new mums too! We all know that taking a bath before bed helps a baby to relax and get ready for sleep and the same goes for new mums, too. A beautiful box filled with goodies to help her unwind is a fantastic gesture.
What are your top picks for new mum gifts?